Blog 1: The Door and Button

 

Payton Grady

GAM-3352-01

Professor Heagney

27 August 2021

Blog 1: The Door and Button

The Idea

For my door/button idea, I have a visual I would like to pull off, but I am undecided as to which direction I want it to go. 

My idea is to create a large hatch with four sliding doors going in different directions. This functions as a door, but feels 

a bit more complex than just an ordinary door. 

The Sketch

The Mechanics

My plan for this is to create a lever, and if that doesn’t work, a button on a control console to press in order to move the four doors. 

It might even be interesting to make the doors scissor out instead of just opening horizontally or vertically. This design could go

in various directions depending on the size and structure of the level. For example, if it’s a normally placed door I could use the 

different opened doors to function as walls later on in the level, but if I put this door on the floor of the level it will act more as a 

jumpscare than an opening door would. Also if I have it on the floor, I am unsure how I might delay the “open door” response so 

that it opens after I enter rather than the moment I step nearby.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 3: Physical Puzzle